Connections

Connections

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Turtles

Today is day 61.. I'm still kind of tired but glad to have my art to keep me going and focused on something good and fullfilling.

I painted the turtle because it always reminds me that it is ok to slow down and take care of my self. To retreat into the shell for a just a time until the danger or whatever is lurking has passed. There was a post on my blog a few years ago .. I think called It's been a turtle week.. I had seen a series of turtles about three in a row. I like to think about the messages that nature can bring me. I love how the Native American Indians interpret the symbols of nature. I know for me when the turtles showed up in my life I realized how much I loved nature and it caused me to go outside and really look at the nature that was around me there where I lived. I loved doing that. I even saw a tiny turtle.. things I have never EVER seen there. This really gave me so much happiness. I enjoyed looking at them and letting them be themselves and just feeling so honored to be able to witness their magnificence. I know that I will always love nature.

If you would like to own this turtle painting. Email me at iwilldream4ever@aol.com. Today's painting is $61. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Talk about wisdom of the ages! This painting shows that very thing. DH rescued a tiny little snapping turtle on his walk the other day and put him close to the river. He was trying to get there but for a teeny little fellow it would have taken him all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I almost painted the snapping turtle instead of this one but .. maybe another day .. they are kind of prehistoric looking. My dog had actually discovered it in the yard and started to play with it .. i guess she never got bit by it .. I'd thought it was a toad when I first saw her guarding something. But it was the alligator snapping turtle.. a baby one too .. amazing to see...

    ReplyDelete