Sunday, May 31, 2015
I have not posted in a while and I have not given up the abstracts I have just needed to do more stitching lately so I thought I'd give you an update on what I've been up too . This on the left is a tunic that I made. Originally this was a mans shirt that I had painted a face and a message to my son with bleach but then I thought the face looked too feminine and he may not wear it so I cut it up and made it into a tunic. I always like to mix things up a bit with other fabrics that I have altered with discharge or rust or eco-dyeing. I had stitched the entire garment except for one small area on one side because I wanted to wear it and ran out of time yesterday.
I have also included some of my rusted fabrics. I love doing them and I never know how the rusted water's will be absorbed into the fabrics. I love to alter fabrics so much that I don't limit my self to a particular type of fabric. I have so much fabric from my mom's sewing room that I wouldn't normally use. Somehow rusting it makes it way more appealing to use in my art and sewing.
Thanks for stopping over to see my work.!!! Love hearing your thoughts on my work ..