Connections

Connections

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 16 Face of my 100 faces in 100 days

Well .. today I was up early trying to get done before my sister got here for our weekly ritual of going through stuff and my mom's house. I have only been living here near my sister for a little over seven months and she is the best part of being here. My sister is the sweetest woman on the planet but she is not like me... she works with numbers every day. She is a little ocd ..lol.. she asked me this morning as she was tidying up my table, something she feels compelled to do, if I was keeping a crumpled up piece of paper. I said yes .. she asked "what are you going to do with that?" I said sew it together with other papers and paint on it. I laughed and she just said ok.. I love her though a big big bunch. It's like we were born on different planets sometimes but she teaches me a lot about service. She gives alot of herself away.. she always wants to help others. I  just try to tell her that it is OK to rest sometimes and do nothing or find something she loves to do just for herself. I am so grateful to be able to spend time with her on Saturday's so I tried to go a bit faster with today's painting and I have no time to be super critical of my work.. sometimes I can't see what is missing or changing till a photograph the work .. amazing how that gives me clarity. So .. it's not perfection I'm after .. i am learning mountains every day .. Thanks for coming along for the journey here. I'm having a blast. and now i'm going to be with my sister. And as always the day's face is the price of the day. Size is 8.25 x 11, acrylic on sewn wrapping paper. Leave a comment if you want it or email me which you will find in my profile view. Have a fantastic day!!!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to have a sister (brother too!) - I am an 'only', so I don't know what it's like to have someone that close. My DH is one of 9 though. Fortunately I have several really close friends so I get a bit of a sense of what it's like to have siblings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you wouldn't be offended but i'm tempted to call you Sister Mary Magpie now .. lol...just words that swirled around in my head when I read your comment. You have been very lovingly consistent with your comments and this means a great deal to me. AND I think close friends is as much a family as we need sometimes .. I have friends that are like sisters too ... a few i consider my forever family. :)

      Delete
    2. You can call me whatever you want :-)

      Delete