Connections

Connections

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Spiral of My Life Abstract #17

It's never for sure what I am going to be led to paint but that is the plan of what I'm doing. Maybe the painting will speak to me and tell me what's up. Kind of like interpreting a dream. I did some printmaking images back while I was newly separated from my spouse of many years and a man that came into the college saw several of my pieces hanging on the walls and he was a potential client when graphic design was my focus. I was showing him some of my work just to give him an idea of how my mind works. He was about to start a dating/matchmaking service. I will always remember that he looked at my art and said .. oh .. you have issues. I just laughed. I didn't do any work for him. I probably had too much "stuff/baggage" that may have influenced the design he wanted .. it still makes me laugh. Hopefully, my work today is a little less obvious. I'm still working out how to create emotionally charged work with out being literal. And does it even matter? I see lots of movement and again intensity. but this one I love to look at. Makes me feel like I'm going somewhere. I was listening to one of the grammy winning artists today that I heard talk about his acceptance speeches and just the fact that he won. He thanked the woman that broke his heart because it lead to a profoundly beautiful song and so many wonderfully good and happy things have happened because of that .. and it got him a grammy. He was happy. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone could have or see these things that happen in their lives and you could follow the difficult paths of life to beauty and joy and wonderful happiness. If we can just cope long enough.. if we can just get to that pivot point where life turns toward goodness and acceptance. It could be a spiral into life .. or on top of life .. into new spaces new experiences I don't want to miss any of it. I am holding out for the next adventure and I am going to paint my way into it.

Thanks for stopping over and having a peek at today's painting.. contact me if you are interested in owning it. Write to me at iwilldream4ever@aol.com. This is about 15 x 15 acrylic on wood panel. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. I think life experiences can't help but reflected in the art you create, just as the viewer 'sees' an abstract painting through the eyes of their own experiences. If that makes any sense!

    ReplyDelete