Connections

Connections

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Abstract 19 and I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!

I love how this one turned out. It's amazing to me how some work just comes together the way it does. I spent most of the day outside working on discharged fabrics. I also glue brown paper to this small canvas. I have used the marks that were on the brown paper .. they turned out to be crucial in the creation of this piece. It's fabulous!!!! Of course that is just me and my personal opinion. I love it!!! 

While I'm doing this I'm watching the 40th anniversary of SNL.. I love it .. it started when i was 15.. guess that's giving away my age .oh well .. I have laughed great deal in just 45 minutes!!!! 

This painting is about 12" x `12" and it's using the paper pieces of pattern that my mother made. I love using these pieces. I wish I had a hundred more. It's been a long starting lonely day and yet it's been very productive and ended with a fantastic bowl of chicken soup that is full of wonderful flavor with chicken, kale, onions, carrots, garlic, canniloni beans.. so tasty .. and a glass of white wine .. a wonderful end to what turned out to be a great day!!!! Life is good.

If you are interested in this great abstract... it's $119... email me at iwilldream4ever@aol.com. 

Have a fabulous .. rest of your day filled with laughter and joy ..............mine is.  ciao...  


6 comments:

  1. I agree about bothe Abstract 19 and SNL although I can remember that altering one's chemistry back then went a long way to making things funnier. Some people have aged quite gracefully, but I wonder who's going to be the one to tell Sir Paul to hang it up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb for stopping over. I went and had a look at your quilts which are fabulous abstracts!!! Love those. And yeah . Sir Paul seems to want to be ageless but his voice is starting to falter ... just makes it sad in a way. I guess we all want to deny we are aging to some degree, some more than others. Have a fabulous day!!

      Delete
  2. Yeeeaaaaahhhh...you totally get that you're awesome, right? Holy cow, woman, this is an incredible blog. I'm gonna need to set proper time aside to scroll through the posts and drink in the lovely! Yeeeeaaaaaahhhh.....right I'm going to go look at your gorgeous art now and drool a bit. HUGE hugs - Shroo:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachael thank you for your wonderfully sweet comments!!! I do so appreciate your words. Sometimes I don't think I'm so special but I do know that I need to make art or I'd wither away .. into a sea of nothing. :) So nice to meet you!!

      Delete
  3. Wanna know what I see in this one? Even if you don't, I'm going to tell you anyway!! I see a woman with hands on her hips chastising the person who has their big muddy feet up on the coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Anne,,,, this made me laugh .. you can tell me anything you want about what you see.. i instantly saw something like that but not exactly once you said it .. but it made me laugh .. all good. :)

      Delete