Connections

Connections

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 81 SHE

This is Day 81. I can hardly believe that there is less than 20 days till I will be done with my project. This past week has been really difficult to paint and post. My dear friend Judy has been here with her two children since Saturday and tomorrow she is leaving. I have had a wonderful time seeing all of them. Today my portrait is painted on a piece of masonite with a horoscope on it and I found these wonderful stick on letters so I used them to create the word SHE. I found this quote and thought I'd write it here. "A woman is like a teabag, you can't tell how strong she is till you put her in hotwater." I feel like I've been in hot water and right at the moment I don't feel so strong. So I'll be optimistic and pretend I will find out later that I am strong. The next few days I plan to sleep .. haha .. I only have a few things left to take from the house and I will help the estate people but I'm not sure I can be in the house when the actual selling of the items left takes place. So here is the first portrait with this much text on it. I like it.. and here I am again a few minutes past midnight .. sheesh .. and I am having a heck of a time trying to stay awake.

If you would like to own this portrait please email me at iwilldream4ever@aol.com

See you tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how you will feel once the 100 days are done....will you feel bereft or will you be relieved. It will be interesting to find out won't it. As always, your ability to paint eyes is extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be part of me that will be relieved not to force myself to paint at night because I have stupidly put it off till later. I am also a bit excited to be able to paint other things .. or even to sew a bit. I do think that the daily practice is important though!!

    ReplyDelete