Connections

Connections

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 66 My Misty Girl

Today is day 66 and I definitely work better when it's the morning and I am NOT TIRED!!!.. So morning painting is going to stay as much as humanly possible. At night when I wait to do the painting when I am tired .. it's like torture haha.. so no more torture. Only morning painting no matter what .. ha.

This is a portrait of my dog Misty when she was a puppy. She was such a beautiful dog. And I have to say .. i cried while I painted this this morning. I loved this Misty girl so so much. She had my heart completely. She was so much my dog and she was so faithful. She passed away just nearly two years ago in March. I feel bad saying but I examine my heart and see that I loved her more then some humans I have loved. Her love and forgiving nature was so unconditional. I want to believe that I will see her again in my next life. She was so smart and when I gave her a plastic frog toy when she was just a puppy she never injured it.. she loved to play and I would throw it to her and she would always bring it back to me but she never chewed it up .. always played with it gingerly really .. so careful not to hurt it. She played that way with Molly .. Misty was a big girl when she grew up and so so smart. She always wanted to be right beside me and her favorite spot was outside on the porch. She would always opt to stay there if I offered her to come inside, I always felt like she enjoyed surveying her land and I couldn't blame her, where I lived was such a beautiful spot in the world. With beautiful trees and long view, beauty and nature all around. I miss it. I buried her under a tree on the edge of the yard. I miss that I can't be in that spot where she is now. I honestly cry so much when I think of her still. I don't know that I will ever get over losing her. I do feel that she was my most trusted and faithful confidant. I love my Misty girl.

I'm not sure I can part with this portrait but if you really want it please email me at iwilldream4ever@aol.com. I also will do dog portraits on commission if you'd want one. Have a fabulous day and I'll see you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. (typing through tears)....I have had numerous dogs throughout my life but there are two that were like your Misty and, like you, I miss them every single day. Our Odin is buried beneath the tree that our son and daughter-in-love planted on the day they were married and his brother will be joining him there someday. The wedding was held at our friends small farm and their dog (Nipper) is Odin's brother. Odin was only five....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that word . daugther-in-love.. so cute. Oh but how sad to bury Odin at such a young age .. but it sounds like he has a very special place to be. (((( Mary Anne)))))

      Delete
  2. Maybe I'm strange (well, many people would say that was so...lol), but I think daughter-in-love sounds SO much better than daughter-in-LAW which makes it sound as though it's the law that you have to love her. I happen to love both my chosen daughters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my book strange is good .. haha .. and the name is great!!! I don't currently have any daughter-in-loves.

      Delete