Connections

Connections

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday skipped a day or two.

... two days gone and I can't take em back. I didnt post. I am still wanting to do this every day . but I also wanted to combine it with new work .. or at the least something new that i've recently done. So I have some new works but .. no photos yet. So I'm going to look and see what new photos I DO have .. for I think that all things go better with something visually to see ..
The image here is only part of a chalk pastel that I did nearly ten years ago. This was a lesson in how to use the imagery that we see in our lives and expand on it. It's a good way to give yourself food for thought and composition as well as how you keep some parts and throw away the rest. I had this in a pile of other works that I have kept in my studio. I was going through these a few months ago and did a post of some other earlier works and this is another one. I"m sure you'd be surprised to know where this image was seen. Anyway when I saw this I realized how life sometimes changes how you see things. My taste in color and various things are always changing and this top section of the work here just seemed to GRAB me .. it grabbed me for the colors and had a strong feeling to me spiritually .. it seemed deeper than when I originally created it. So I just find it interesting to notice how older works can affect new work when you haven't seen them in a while.
I am thinking I need to create more work. I have finally decided on a new years word or two. I decided not to have a list of resolution but a theme to the next year. I guess it's best to put it down so that I can go back and see what it was and if I adhered to my own goals for the already passing year. Those words are Risk and Release. I intend to take more risks that will move me more into the directions that I wish to go. And I call them risks due to the fears I have about what I need to do. And Release is to let go of material things that are cluttering my spaces and my life and perhaps keeping me from living fully in the way that I want to live. SO there you have it. Not sure how much of this I will post about but .. i might.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of having two words and I wish you every success with how far you want them to guide your year. Gilly

    ReplyDelete