Connections

Connections

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Walnut Ink Tree Painting

This is a painting I did today while sitting outside. The weather has been so nice all week that I have spent nearly every day outside either dyeing fabric or hunting for walnuts, experimenting with sun prints and walnut dye. I am amazed every day with all the possibilities. I  will probably continue to experiment with the brown walnut dye as I would love to have the brown a bit more reddish. But I love the rich color of this brown. And I was pleased with how this painting came out. It's always fun to create art on both fabric and paper. I will try to post some more photos of my sun prints. I have a lot of ideas rolling around in my head with that process. Sometimes I wonder if it's good to create so many different things.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Dreamer this is lovely! How did you do it? I will check back in a couple of days when I post again. Gilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful. Especially sitting on your blog. The colors all work so well together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much I had fun creating this piece. Gilly I am going to post another item that will show the process of creating something like this. :) This is fun .. now can someone pay me to do this? hahah ..

    ReplyDelete