Connections

Connections

Friday, September 17, 2010

Thursday Thriving on Walnut Ink

This post is inspired by Gilly's question about how I did the Painted Tree. This is an example of the paper that I used to create it but this just has alot more going on visually. It's mostly Walnut Ink but there are also some clearly red markings which come from some rust that I created first. This will make a lovely background for my paintings. Next I will draw some trees on it which I have been doing while sitting in a chair outside.. because the weather has been just wonderful!!! Suddenly hit with sleepiness .. i will retire and return in the a.m.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dreamer - thank you and I am starting here at the beginning. So this is your base paper. Is it a special sort of paper? Is the walnut ink concentrated walnut dye? You don't have to answer all these questions - I just like the idea of all these processes and natural colourings. Gillyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper is watercolor paper and the walnut ink is just walnut dye that has been made by cooking walnuts along with a bunch of other stuff and left outside to reduce some and then strained in cloth into a bucket and then transfered to my bottle. Not sure if there is a better way to make it more concentrated. .. I love the processes and natural colourings as well...

    ReplyDelete