Connections

Connections

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Friday Foggy Brain Drain

Wow blogger.com has added a new feature which allows you to upload more than one photo at a time !!! This sure does make things go a lot quicker!!! Above are two photos of a small denim bag that I made from a pair of jeans. I think I'm addicted to denim the look and feel and color of them. Wait .. i'm addicted to other things too .. dang. Interesting how given the light with which it is taken in the color of the denim changes. 



I made this for dinner the other night and it was so good I just had to take a photo of it and share it here. Don't ask me why ... I just thought it would be fun. This is Kielbasa with potatoes, onions and apple slices all drizzled with honey! It was so yummy!!! 


Below is another wrapping experiment. This time I decided that the bag of clothes that I was taking the thrift store might be an experiment instead. So I took out some of the items and decided I would try to see what I could do with them. You will see on the left is a black shirt that is faded and has one sleeve cut off. I took the sleeve and wrapped it around this small wood crate and tied it with some twine and then painted it with brown house paint. It is setting there to dry.Anyway .. thats it .. I guess I promised a photo of the previous wrapped fabric after it was washed and dried. Maybe I can go take a quick photo of it.


Ok below here is the final result of the wrapped experiment. its so subtle it's a bit disappointing. I can hardly see it. It's there but it's very faint. So .. live and learn. Either I mordant the fabric better before dyeing or leave it on longer or use a different fabric. It's all good and I'm very happy that I took so many photos of it while it was wet. I am certain it will come up in some future work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment