Connections

Connections

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Abstract No. 24 More purple patches

Today this painting was a reminder of childhood scribbling and then filling in the shapes with color. I have always loved to play with colors and paint and drawing. I even recall taking some blocks that were probably dyed rather then painted and when I added water to them as if they were an ice cube they turned the water into this beautiful purple color. I thought this was fabulous, my mother had other ideas about it. I happily made several concoctions of these cups of colored water. Today I'd probably find some way to use the water to dye fabric. I like having the freedom to paint with wild abandon. It's kind of a combination of painting freely and then being more methodical. Light and darkness added for interest and contrast and just a little off balance. I tend to notice that I paint in a similar style when I am painting one after another and when there are days in between the color's change and the style changes. This is all an experiment and I am going to try to keep painting every day and sometimes I paint all day long. And in between I do manage to create some clothing. Maybe I'll share some of those too. I guess I could paint more paintings in one day and post them in one post. hmmmm no rules just working till my heart is content. Thanks for stopping over ..

This is painted on a piece of unstretched primed canvas. It is about 12" x 12" and it is not square but it could be stretched on stretcher bars and be squared. If you are interested in this piece contact me at iwilldream4ever@aol.com. Have a fabulously wonderful day!! Ciao!!

2 comments:

  1. Another beauty. I feel like I am being drawn in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I've been AWOL Tammy - life got in the road of keeping up with my blog list for a bit so I"m behind. I love the colours you used in this and the previous one - my favourites. And - 'working til my heart is content' - absolutely brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete