Connections

Connections

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Functional Art

WEll even though I haven't been posting I have been so busy creating. I have now been creating garments that I am trying to sell. I have been reconstructing some gently worn clothes into new and fun styles that I love. I have mixed them with fabrics that I have altered with dye or reverse dye if you will. I finally spent a little time photographing a few of them. I was able to use the dress form that I created a few years ago and used my front yard as a backdrop. The yard looks so beautifully green and lush. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get outside as much as I have in years past. I have had so many bug incidents that I am inclined not to go outside and even though I love taking photos of bugs, I am not happy about being stung three times by wood scorpions and one yellow jacket sting on the bottom of my foot. And no I wasn't walking outside barefoot. :) I have been sewing like crazy though.
As I go on I am hopeful that I will be able post my garments in an online shop. If you are interested in these items .. let me know!!! THanks for stopping over and as always I love hearing your comments.








5 comments:

  1. Tammy HI!!! So nice to see a post :) You Have been busy and beautifully so! I really like the animal vest and the bag is such a great combination of your art and complimentary fabrics. You have a very good eye for this. The black and bronze dress is so different and interesting. I can picture all of these fabric wonders moving down the fashion runway. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, you háve been busy !!!
    You made some beautiful stuff !
    (especially the bags)
    (too bad the "bug" accidents it really looks a bit like a green jungle ;-) .....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!!!!!!All gorgeous--OPEN THAT SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete